With rampant misinformation spreading on social media, convincing a loved one to get vaccinated is a tough challenge.
Our primary care doctor in Miami, Florida presents these facts about COVID-19 to help you enlighten your senior loved ones and convince them to get vaccinated:
- 5G mobile networks do not spread COVID-19. There is no way for viruses to spread over radio waves or mobile networks. COVID-19 is spread through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or speaks. People can also be infected by touching a contaminated surface and then their eyes, mouth, or nose.
- The currently available vaccines do not contain the live virus, there is no chance to get COVID-19 through the vaccine.
- One inactive component of the virus, messenger RNA (mRNA), is included in the vaccine. This only serves as a basis for the body to use in identifying and destroying the virus.
- The vaccine’s effectiveness is estimated to be about 95% at helping people avoid getting sick.
- After getting vaccinated, it is possible to experience mild symptoms that only last a day or two, including fever, chills, fatigue, or headaches.
Immunization can help us in the fight against the pandemic as it continues to disrupt our daily life. Along with social distancing, mask-wearing, and adhering to good hand hygiene practices, we can reduce the spread of this virus.
For the best healthcare in Florida, patients trust Premium Health Care.